Claudia: Fall in love with Boston

Fall in Boston means cooler temperatures, changing leaves, and hot apple cider. It is also the perfect time for friends and family to visit Beantown!

Over Columbus Day weekend, my cousin (and best friend since birth), Lizzy, flew up from Dallas, Texas to experience her first real fall. Being her first trip to Boston, and to the Northeast, I came up with a list my go-to Boston spots!

Sweet Cupcakes 

A five-minute walk from East Campus, Sweet Cupcakes has a location right on Mass Ave. Sweet has a lot of fun flavors, vegan and mini cupcakes, and FROSTING shots!

Modern Pastry 

In the cannoli debate, I will always go Modern over Mike’s. Modern is on Hanover Street in the North End, which is just a quick two-minute walk from the Haymarket T stop!

Boston Public Gardens

The Boston Public Gardens are the perfect spot to watch the leaves change and for a nice walk with friends (and for some beautiful Instagram pictures).

Thinking Cup

Thinking Cup has multiple locations around Boston, with two sandwiching the Boston Commons and Public Gardens. The two are located on Tremont (right across from the Park Street T stop) and on Newbury (right next to Georgetown Cupcakes). Stop by Thinking Cup for a hot apple cider for your walk through the gardens!

Trident Booksellers and Cafe 

Surprise, surprise. Trident has made it onto another one of my blog posts. As you guys already know, Trident Booksellers and Cafe is my FAVORITE place in all of Boston. It’s not only a delicious spot for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner (they serve breakfast ALL DAY), but it is also an amazing local bookstore with great literary, kitsch, and Boston finds! Did I mention they serve breakfast ALL DAY?!?!

Lizzy left on Tuesday afternoon (with cannolis in tow), already planning her next visit back to Boston.

We have a few weeks left of this beautiful fall, so whether or not you have guests, make the best of this perfect weather before winter creeps in!