Megan: The Movies I’m Most Excited to See in 2016

Welcome to my first blog post! While as a freshman I am still fairly new to the whole—college—thing, one aspect of my life that has remained the same is my love of movies (hence why I’m a Film and Television major!). I saw the new Star Wars movie five times in theatres, and if that’s not love I don’t know what is. So, here is my list of the top five movies I’m most excited to see in theatres this year.

1. Snowden: One of the more intimidating films coming out this year, I am very excited to see how they portray one of the most controversial people of the last few years. Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in what is sure to be a very talked about film.

1. Independence Day Resurgence: If you haven’t seen the original Independence Day, it is a definite must see, along with its sequel, which I didn’t know I needed until it was announced that there was going to be a new one! Combining a love for America with aliens and, yes, Liam Hemsworth, this movie is sure to be a hit.

1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: There has been a very empty void in my heart since the last Harry Potter movie came out in 2011, and it will finally be filled with this prequel, led by the ever wonderful Eddie Redmayne. I am so excited to revisit my very favorite fantastical world, this time set in a city closer to home: New York.

1. Moana: This Disney animated film stars a young woman on a quest to find a fabled island. On this journey she will be accompanied by a demi-god named Maui, voiced by non other than the fan favorite Dwayne the Rock Johnson.

1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: Probably the movie I’m most excited to see this year, this spinoff tells a story between Episode III and Episode IV. How did the Rebels acquire the plans to the Death Star, and will we see a surprise appearance from a young Han Solo?

Bonus! Take this Buzzfeed Quiz to see which movie you’re most excited to see this year: http://www.buzzfeed.com/talhaishaq2001/can-we-guess-which-2016-movie-are-you-more-excited-1saop?utm_term=.vy6KxDrLGA&bftw=#.ghPw83PBKr