Hali: What It’s Like to Work in an Exceptionally Trendy Office

As I may not have mentioned since my first ever contribution to this blog, I am a public relations student. While studying PR, I’ve found myself in internships related to media relations, PR, and marketing. While I’ve had amazing experiences in each of these (extremely similar, closely related, basically the same) fields, I am currently experiencing my trendiest™ internship to date. 

If you have the COM ambassadors on Snapchat (add us @comsnaps if you don’t!) you may have recently seen that this semester, I’m interning at an integrated advertising agency in the Downtown Crossing area of Boston. I was abroad last semester and interviewed for my position via Skype, so I knew I was in for a surprise on my first day. While marketing agencies have a reputation for attracting ~cool~ employees, I was overwhelmed by the level of coolness in this particular office. I’ve decided to make a list of the best things about my office’s trendy vibes: 

There is… KOMBUCHA ON TAP???

First of all, this is the most important item on the list. You can stop reading now! There’s just no need to continue! Yes, it’s true. There is a constant supply of kombucha in the office kitchen. My gut health is… sublime. 

There is… A DOG???

Yes, you read that correctly. There is a stunning, gorgeous, adorable shih-poo who keeps us company and motivates us to work our hardest each day. I’m not sure if this counts as trendy, but it’s absolutely a perk. 

Everyone…. is so stylish??? 

At night, I lay in bed tossing and turning, contemplating what to wear to my internship the next day. I swear, working in a trendy marketing agency can feel like you’re attending #NYFW all day, everyday. And thank goodness for my hip Warby Parker glasses. I’m not certain I would’ve been hired without them. 

While this roundup is short, the complete list of things that are cool about my office spans multiple pages. As I apply to jobs (yikes, second semester senior alert) I can only pray that my search leads me to an office half as trendy as the one I’m currently at.