Sabrina: An Easy Way to Stay Entertained During COVID

myke-simon-atsUqIm3wxo-unsplash

I’m sure I don’t need to remind you all that we’re living in “unprecedented times,” and that as a result, life can get a little bit boring when all you have to entertain yourself is homework and your daily allotted time for staring at that one wall in your room. However, I have a solution for these troubling times: the 100 Movies Bucket List poster. 

It may sound cheesy, but trust me, my roommates and I are proof that this poster works. Every night we gather around the TV and ask Siri to pick two numbers between 1 and 10, then we find the movie she has selected and we watch it. It’s become a ritual, and it absolutely keeps us on our toes.

As a film and television major, I’ve found that in a lot of my classes (especially production ones), professors are always referencing famous movies that I’ve never seen. I always add these to a list in my brain so that I might later genuinely understand what they’re talking about.

After a while, though, that list in my brain gets fuzzy and I can’t remember which iconic movies I’m “supposed to watch” in order to fully grasp my film and television education. Then came this poster, and suddenly every movie that has been referenced in my classes is sitting on a poster, ready for me to watch.

You’re probably wondering, is it just a poster with movie titles? And the answer is no, it’s so much more. Every movie has a gray box underneath, and after you watch the movie you grab a coin and you scratch away at the gray to reveal an image that represents the movie. My roommates and I play a game where before we scratch, we try to predict what the image will be. We’re almost always wrong, but it’s fun regardless.

If you’re bored in quarantine, or simply want to elevate your film knowledge, I highly recommend this poster. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Gift-Republic-GR630004-Bucket-Poster/dp/B075SDQ2K8/ref=asc_df_B075SDQ2K8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241885544103&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11096703014978157165&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061331&hvtargid=pla-384448912262&psc=1

Have fun watching!