Mia P: Why I’ve Loved Being a COM Ambassador (and why you should become one!)

I’ve been a COM Ambassador since freshman year — I was actually one of the few freshmen who joined the program at that time. I’ve always loved orientation and new student programming, and I joined with the hopes of instilling my love and passion for COM into prospective new students.

As a senior, my experience as a COM Ambassador is one that I look back on fondly. From weekly building tours, to open houses, these moments have shaped my time at BU. I’ve also found so many friendships within the COM Ambassador community, and genuinely enjoy it when I have a tour or event.

For my final blog post, I want to express my gratitude for this program and share some of my favorite memories and experiences. If you’re thinking about becoming a COM Ambassador at some point, hopefully this convinces you 🙂

THE COMMUNITY

I’ve found some of my closest friends through the COM Ambassador program, and everyone has become a friendly face on campus. I’ve loved running into my fellow COM Ambassadors in classes or around Boston. Everyone is also so encouraging of each other, constantly lifting each other and appreciating each other’s achievements.

Apart from this, the other COM Ambassadors are also incredibly inspiring. They all hold such amazing internships, jobs, and leadership positions. It’s great to be surrounded by them because they push me to work harder and pursue my goals!

THE TOURS

I have no problem talking about why I love BU and COM, so tours are one of my favorite things to do during the week. I remember being a prospective student and emailing COM Ambassadors to learn more about the school (I wasn’t able to tour because of the pandemic), and I loved when they shared details about their experiences to help add some color to the place I had only seen online.

There have even been times when other COM students have told me I led their tour or was their guide at an open house — the feeling of gratification that has come with hearing that is so fulfilling!

If you’re interested in becoming a COM Ambassador at all, definitely apply! I’ve had the chance to learn so much about COM and the other majors within the school, as well as make friends. It’s also pushed me out of my comfort zone in terms of leading tours and public speaking. I’ll genuinely miss being a COM Ambassador and plan on enjoying every tour I have left!