Stacy: ‘Tis the Season

Whether we are ready for the semester to end or not, the holiday season is here. Soon ABC Family’s 25 days of Christmas will take over televisions across the nation. Christmas candy and decorations already conquer every CVS in Boston. There are red holiday cups at Starbucks for Gingerbread Lattes and Peppermint Mochas. The holidays are here yall.

There are so many events in Boston that celebrate the holidays, and last year I missed every single one of them. This year I will not be that person, and I don’t want you to be either. Here are some holiday things you can do and attend here in Boston over the next month that will really get you in the spirit:

1. Ice skating at the Frog Pond or the Boston Harbor Hotel.

I’m from Florida and I’ve never ice-skated a day in my life. Last year I made excuses for why I wouldn’t go ice-skating, and I feel like I really missed out. So this year I’m going to look like a complete idiot trying to ice skate, but I’m going to go with friends who will laugh with me and have a great time.

2. The Santa Speedo Run

On December 6th, this annual one mile run through the Back Bay will raise money for the Play Ball Foundation as 700 participants in speedos. The Play Ball Foundation brings team building skills and sports to middle school kids in Boston. Anyone can watch, and you must be 21+ to participate.

3. Boston Tree Lightings

Copley Square Tree Lighting: December 2nd from 5pm-6pm

Boston Common Holiday Tree Lighting: December 4th from 4pm-8pm

* The lights in Faneuil Hall, Christopher Columbus Park and the Prudential Center lights are already on. They really bring the holiday spirit to Boston. Definitely check these out.

4. The Nutcracker at the Boston Ballet

The Nutcracker is at the Boston Opera House from November 28th until December 31st. It’s one of my favorite holiday traditions and I’m definitely not missing it again this year.

5. Hanukkah Celebration at Faneuil Hall

The date and time are currently TBA, and it will feature music, crafts, latkes, jelly doughnuts, dreidels and family games.

I hope these ideas are helpful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great holiday season!