Emily: Emily’s Top 5 Commute Jams

This semester, I’m doing things a little differently. Because of a surgery in the spring, I was unable to come back to campus this fall. Instead of getting down, I’ve decided to make the most of my time at home; I’m interning at two amazing agencies in Philly and taking online classes. This, however, has created a new problem for me: the commute. Between my long drives and train rides, I have found myself needing the best pump up music to keep me sane. So, without further ado, I present my top 5 albums to listen to on a commute (or on the T or jamming down Comm Ave). 

1) Sweetener – Ariana Grande

image.png

I don’t care what anybody says, this album is amazing! If you want to feel confident before heading into work, jamming to Ariana Grande is definitely the way. My personal favorites from the album are Borderline and Successful (but also God is a Woman is a masterpiece that makes you feel like a bad b*tch).

2) Rumours – Fleetwood Mac
image.png
If you’re feeling nostalgic and dreamy, Stevie will never steer you wrong. I refuse to choose a favorite from this album. I guess you’ll just have to listen in full ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3) Melodrama – Lorde
image.png
Again, if you’re feeling homesick or nostalgic this one really hits me in the feels. It’s perfect for a foggy drive/walk through the city. My favorites are Supercut and Homemade Dynamite.
4) Anything by Lizzo (ik, not an album)
image.png
This technically isn’t an album, but if you’re looking for a pick me up, Lizzo is the way to go. Her upbeat hits will have you skipping down Com Ave!
5) Greatest Hits – Queen Compilation
image.png
Finally, I can’t have a music blog post without mentioning my favorite band, Queen. Literally any song you listen to will put you in a good mood. But, if you don’t have time to listen to their entire body of work, any Greatest Hits compilation will have you dancing and smiling all the way to work.
BONUS: Podcasts
I also love podcasts!! If you’re looking for a good podcast to get lost in I recommend How I Built This or Invisibilia! 

HAPPY LISTENING 🙂