Chris: Snow Day Survival Guide

So Boston is supposed to get a “historically” big storm this week, which means campus is buzzing now that we are officially having a snow day.  The last time we had such a big storm, I was a freshman and it was when nor’easter “Nemo” hit, drowning Boston in nearly 25 inches of snow.  This time they are expecting 20 to 30 inches again.

With classes just starting, I won’t have much work to catch up on, but should the storm hold and there is no class, I can think of a few things that I can do with the free time.

Get Organized

Like I said, we’re only a week into the semester so I shouldn’t have a mess, but at the same time dumping things on my desk and chair are much easier than actually putting them away.  I can also take advantage of my newly clean room and organize things so that the rest of the semester goes smoothly.

Apply to Internships

With January coming to a close, a lot of big companies are starting to close their internship application windows, so it’s time to get those last few applications in for summer internships. Now that I’m a junior, internships continue to become more and more important as they help me learn not only what I’m really good at, but what I want to do in terms of my career in the future.

Binge Watch Netflix

Once all of the busy work is done, that’s when I can cozy up in bed with some hot chocolate, away from all of the madness outside, and watch as much Netflix as my heart desires.  Right now, I’ve been on a comedy kick and have been watching Parks and Recreation. #Knope2012 (I know I’m far behind).