Miranda W: Best Off Campus Cafe’s

BU has a lot of great coffee and brunch options on campus, but sometimes it’s great to try something new. While places can sometimes be expensive, if you can, try to make the most of the amazing café options in the Boston area. I have spent too much money trying out cafes with my friends so here are my top three favorite places that we have tried so far. 

1. Tatte 

Tatte is definitely my favorite and most visited cafe. There are many locations across Boston so it’s easily accessible to everyone. I usually go to the Tatte in Brookline because it’s one i’ve the closest locations and has a nice neighborhood vibe. My first recommendation has to be the iced vanilla latte (you need to get that no matter what)! For food, I recommend their avocado toast, or their croissant breakfast sandwich but all of their food is good so you really can’t go wrong. The one downside about Tatte is that it is regularly pretty crowded so it can take some time to find a place to sit. 

2. Flour 

Flour has a similar vibe to Tatte. While the coffee is slightly less good than Tatte’s, I would still recommend getting it. The food at Flour is arguably better than Tatte despite there being less options. Some of my favorite food that I’ve had is their veggie quiche and their avocado toast. Their baked goods are also very good, especially their banana bread. Another reason I love 

Flour is that it is usually less crowded than Tatte so it’s easier to find somewhere to sit. The one downside is that the locations closest to BU aren’t very close. There is one location south of Newbury and another location near MIT which is my favorite because of the spacious environment inside. 

3. Cafe Sauvage 

Unlike Flour and Tatte, Cafe Sauvage has only one location on the cross street of Beacon and Mass Ave. Cafe Sauvage is on the pricier side so I have not gone here as much. What puts it on the list of must go places is how amazing its coffee is. I got their ice vanilla latte and it definitely tops the list of best coffee. If you are interested in getting food while you are there, all the options are extremely good but I really enjoyed their avocado toast (clearly I like avocado toast). Make sure you plan ahead to go here though because it can get pretty crowded.