Mira: Why you should explore the BU Arts Initiative

Hello lovelies!!

I hope all of you are *mostly* settled into your spring routine and are doing well! I personally felt like we really hit the ground running this year, and I’m sure that you all are very very busy too! Lots of stuff to do and exams to study for, BUT that being said, I wanted to share a little something that you should 100% check out if you have even a minute of free time!

This semester, I want to share with all of you the MIRACLE that is the BU Arts Initiative!!

The BU Arts Initiative is something I never really looked into until this semester, and I cannot believe I didn’t take advantage of it sooner! The BU Arts Initiative is a program through BU that encourages students to experience the incredible music and art that can be found in Boston. The program offers BU students things like free admission to museums and free (or discounted) tickets to shows!

Recently, I visited the BU Arts Initiative Office on the second floor of the GSU. It was the first time I had ever gone, so I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. I walked in with no expectations. 

Fast forward ten minutes, and I walked out with a free Boston Symphony Orchestra Student Card (free tickets to BSO shows!!), as well as two tickets to go see Mean Girls at the Boston Opera House that were only FIVE DOLLARS EACH!! How crazy is that, right?!! I am telling you guys – this program is magical!

Other opportunities offered through BU Arts Initiative include:

Free Admission to:

• Boston Museum of Fine Arts
    • Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
    • Harvard Art Museums
    • The Institute of Contemporary Art
    • Arts Insiders Program
    • “Students leaders from our Student Arts Council select a few exciting arts events in or around Boston each semester and students can sign up to attend free of charge”
    • Global Music Festival 
    • And so much more!!

Whether you are an arts fanatic, or someone new to the art scene, definitely go check out the BU Arts Initiative! They constantly have so many cool things going on, and there truly is something for everybody. 

Anyway, that’s all from me for today! Have a wonderful spring semester, and good luck with all of your endeavors! You got this!

Sincerely,

Mira