A week of LEGO Robotics Camp!

So Alejandro spent the week at Tufts University every day this week at the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) which is where I am going to be spending some time in the fall during my sabbatical.   Alejandro has an exciting week in the CEEO CoED LEGO Robotics Workshop.  I highly advise this camp and it is for students entering grades 3-8.  Click here to learn about CEEO Workshops for Kids! I have never seen Alejandro so excited about going to a ‘camp’.  He has been so excited, he actually wakes up at 6:30 in the morning and reads NXT programming books.  At this point, it is hard to say who is the better NXT programmer.

While Alejandro was in the workshop lab, I was across the hall discussing some of the exciting upcoming projects I am going to be working on.  The main project I will be working on is the RoboBook project.  My goals for the year are to make a significant dent in helping to design a Physics RoboBook.  A RoboBook is essentially a SmartBook or the next generation of textbook (as opposed to a digital static textbook) which is customizable and interactive.

Here are some pictures of Alejandro at the CoEd LEGO Workshop.